Exercise 1: Fill in the blanks
In the following sentences, fill in the blanks with the appropriate preposition of place.
- Mark left his keys ______ the table. (on/at)
- The children are playing ______ the park. (in/on)
- She sat ______ the classroom. (in/at)
- There is a cat hiding ______ the couch. (behind/under)
- My books are stored ______ the shelf. (on/in)
- The bus stop is ______ our house. (beside/between)
- Mark left his keys on the table.
- The children are playing in the park.
- She sat in the classroom.
- There is a cat hiding under the couch.
- My books are stored on the shelf.
- The bus stop is beside our house.
Exercise 2: Multiple Choice Questions
Choose the correct preposition of place in the following sentences.
- The dog is sleeping ______ the bed. (beside/under)
- Look at the birds ______ the tree. (on/in)
- The bakery is ______ the pharmacy and the post office. (between/beside)
- We are presently staying ______ a hotel. (in/at)
- Anna lives ______ the street. (across/on)
- The dog is sleeping under the bed.
- Look at the birds in the tree.
- The bakery is between the pharmacy and the post office.
- We are presently staying at a hotel.
- Anna lives across the street.
Exercise 3: Short Answers
Answer the following questions using prepositions of place.
- Where is your office located?
- Where do you keep your keys?
- Where did you see that interesting billboard?
- Where is your favorite cafe?
- Where do your grandparents live?
- My office is located at the city center.
- I keep my keys on the kitchen table.
- I saw that interesting billboard on the highway.
- My favorite cafe is across the park.
- My grandparents live in the country.
Exercise 4: Long Answers
Describe the following situations using prepositions of place.
- Describe the location of your dream house.
- Discuss the placement of items in your room.
- Narrate a time when you lost something and where you found it.
- My dream house is located on a hill and beside a sparkling blue river.
- The bed is against the west wall with a desk beside it. The wardrobe is across from the bed, beside the entrance door.
- I lost my wallet last month. After days of searching, I found it under the couch.