Exercise 1: Identifying Adverbs
In the following sentences, identify the adverb. Write down your answers on a sheet of paper.
- Mary speaks loudly.
- He quietly entered the room.
- Daniel is usually late for work.
- She rarely eats breakfast.
- Lydia arrived early to the meeting.
Exercise 2: Adverb or Adjective
Identify whether the highlighted word in the following sentences is an adjective or an adverb. Write down your answers on a sheet of paper.
- The fast rabbit ran across the field.
- She moved quickly to the front of the line.
- Vivian is incredibly smart.
- The man was extremely tired.
- My grandfather walks slow.
Exercise 3: Fill in the Blank
Choose a word from the following list of adverbs to fill in the blank for each sentence. Write down your answers on a sheet of paper.
List of Adverbs: Gently, Soon, Always, Rapidly, Never
- The kitten ___ fell asleep.
- We need to finish this project ___.
- I ___ remember to bring my umbrella when it’s raining.
- The rumor spread ___ throughout the school.
- She ___ watches the sunset from her window.
Exercise 4: Multiple Choice
Choose the correct adverb to complete each sentence. Write down your answers on a sheet of paper.
- She writes so ___ ( beautiful/beautifully ), that it's like a painting.
- He speaks ___ ( confident/confidently ) in public.
- I finished the work __ ( quick/quickly ).
- She dances __ ( graceful/gracefully ) on stage.
- The athlete runs __ ( incredible/incredibly ) fast.