Exercise 1: Identifying Adverbs
In the following sentences, identify the adverb(s). Write your answers below each question.
- James runs quickly.
- Susan quietly closed the door.
- He answered the phone immediately.
- She loves him deeply.
- Rarely, they clean their house.
Exercise 2: Using Adverbs in Sentences
Write sentences using the given adverbs. Write your answers below each question.
- I quickly finished my work.
- I will go to the gym tomorrow.
- He is very intelligent.
- I seldom watch movies.
- He walks slowly.
Exercise 3: Fill in the Blanks with Appropriate Adverbs
Fill in each blank with an appropriate adverb. Write your answers below each question:
- The tortoise walks _____.
- They _____ go to the cinema after dinner.
- I can play the piano _____.
- She speaks English _____.
- Phil is _____ tall.
Exercise 4: Match the Adverbs with Their Meanings
Match the adverbs in column 'A' with their meanings in column 'B'.
- With great speed
- In a way that makes little noise
- Almost never
- At all times
- Almost not
- Always – At all times
- Seldom – Almost never
- Hardly – Almost not
- Quickly – With great speed
- Quietly – In a way that makes little noise
Exercise 5: True or False – Understanding the Placement of Adverbs
State whether the following sentences are true(T) or false(F) by identifying the placement of the adverb.
- The dog barks loudly.
- I usually get up late in the morning.
- Never I have seen such a beautiful sight.
- She almost finished all pieces of her favourite chocolate cake.
- I often goes to the gym.
End of Exercise Tutorial on 'Using Adverbs'.