Exercise 1: Identifying "-ing" Adjectives
In the following sentences, identify the adjectives that end in "-ing".
Exercise 2: Fill in the Blanks
Fill in the blanks in these sentences with an appropriate adjective that ends in "-ing."
Exercise 3: Formulate Sentences
Construct sentences using the given "-ing" adjectives.
Exercise 4: Select the Correct Verb-ing Adjective
Choose the correct "-ing" adjective from the options provided.
Exercise 5: Rewrite Sentences
Rewrite the sentences by replacing the regular adjective with a verb-ing adjective.
Solution to Exercise 1:
1. Singing, 2. Inspiring, 3. Frightening, 4. Interesting, 5. Running
Solution to Exercise 2:
There could be multiple answers for this exercise. Some examples are:
1. gleeful, 2. shimmering, 3. applauding, 4. thrilling
Solution to Exercise 3:
These are subjective and could be different for each one. Just make sure the "-ing" adjectives are used correctly.
Solution to Exercise 4:
1. Exciting, 2. Inspiring, 3. Boring, 4. Performance (even though it doesn't end in -ing, 'performance' is the correct choice since 'performing' does not suit the context).
Solution to Exercise 5:
1. The cake is delighting.
2. The view is enchanting.
3. Peter is a thriving businessman.
4. The story is distressing.