Grammar Exercise Tutorial: Pronouns
In this grammar exercise tutorial, we will be focusing purely on Pronouns. It is optimally designed for your practice and better understanding of their usage. Let's dive into the exercise questions.
Exercise 1: Fill in the Blanks
This section requires you to fill in the gaps with suitable pronouns. Make sure your answers make sense in the context of each sentence.
- ________ am going to the grocery store.
- The cat chased its tail. ________ seemed very amused.
- Can you tell ________ the time?
- ________ said that ________ wants to go to the park.
- We should take care of our planet as ________ is the only home we have.
Exercise 2: Multiple Choice Questions
Choose the correct pronoun to complete each sentence.
- ________ (I, me) am going to catch the ball.
- The trophy is for ________ (you, yours).
- ________ (She, Her) is my best friend.
- ________ (We, Us) are going to the movies after dinner.
- The cake is ________ (their, theirs).
Exercise 3: Correct or Incorrect
Identify whether the usage of pronouns in the following sentences is correct or incorrect.
- Me and my friend are planning to start a business together.
- The book belongs to them, not I.
- He gave the letter to her.
- This is a photo of my family and me.
- My mother and I cooked dinner for us.
Exercise 4: Transformation
Change the noun(s) in each sentence to a pronoun.
- John and Peter are brothers.
- This is Sarah's book.
- The dog is chasing the cat around the yard.
- Julia sang a song at the concert.
- Mark and I went to pick up Mark's sister from school.
Answers to Exercise 1
- I am going to the grocery store.
- The cat chased its tail. It seemed very amused.
- Can you tell me the time?
- She said that he wants to go to the park.
- We should take care of our planet as it is the only home we have.
Answers to Exercise 2
- I am going to catch the ball.
- The trophy is for you.
- She is my best friend.
- We are going to the movies after dinner.
- The cake is theirs.
Answers to Exercise 3
- Incorrect. Correct sentence: My friend and I are planning to start a business together.
- Incorrect. Correct sentence: The book belongs to them, not me.
Answers to Exercise 4
- They are brothers.
- This is hers.
- It is chasing it around the yard.
- She sang it at the concert.
- We went to pick up his sister from school.
Continue practicing these exercises until you become comfortable in choosing and using the correct pronouns. Best of luck!