Exercise 1: Nouns Derived from Verbs
In this exercise, practice forming nouns derived from verbs. Select the correct noun in each case.
- The verb is "play". What is the noun?
- The verb is "decide". What is the noun?
- The verb is "arrive". What is the noun?
Exercise 2: Form Regular Plural Nouns
Practice forming regular plural nouns. Fill in the following blanks with the correct plural form of the noun.
- book -> ____
- pen -> ____
- tree -> ____
Exercise 3: Form Irregular Plural Nouns
Now let's practice forming irregular plural nouns. Fill in the following blanks with the correct plural form of the noun.
- man -> ____
- tooth -> ____
- goose -> ____
Exercise 4: Form Nouns from Adjectives
Practice forming nouns from adjectives. Complete the sentences with the appropriate noun derived from the given adjective.
- The adjective is "happy". Which noun fits this sentence: "Her _____ is contagious."?
- The adjective is "careful". Which noun fits this sentence: "His _____ saved us from disaster."?
- The adjective is "strong". Which noun fits this sentence: "Her _____ was admired by all."?
1. Player, 2. Decision, 3. Arrival
1. Books, 2. Pens, 3. Trees
1. Men, 2. Teeth, 3. Geese
1. Happiness, 2. Carefulness, 3. Strength
Be sure to keep practicing! Forming nouns can be challenging, but with practice, it will become second nature.