Exercise 1: Positive, Comparative and Superlative Form
In the following exercises, you are given a positive form of an adjective. Your task is to complete the comparative and superlative form of the adjective.
- Short ( __________ , __________ )
- Beautiful ( __________ , __________ )
- Interesting ( __________ , __________ )
- Fat ( __________ , __________ )
- Thin ( __________ , __________ )
- Short ( shorter , shortest )
- Beautiful ( more beautiful , most beautiful )
- Interesting ( more interesting , most interesting )
- Fat ( fatter , fattest )
- Thin ( thinner , thinnest )
Exercise 2: Complete the sentences
Complete the following sentences with the appropriate form of the adjective in brackets (positive, comparative or superlative).
- My coffee is (cold) than yours.
- This is the (interesting) book I have ever read.
- Mary is (tall) than John.
- This is the (good) apple pie I have ever tasted.
- My house is (big) than yours.
- My coffee is colder than yours.
- This is the most interesting book I have ever read.
- Mary is taller than John.
- This is the best apple pie I have ever tasted.
- My house is bigger than yours.
Exercise 3: Multiple Choice Questions
Select the correct answer from the choices provided to complete the sentences.
- Alex is _________ than Mike. (smarter/smartest)
- She is the _________ student in our class. (good/best)
- I think that is the _________ movie I have ever seen. (worse/worst)
- His idea was _________ than mine. (bad/worse)
- Of all the books in the library, this is the _________. (interesting/most interesting)
- Alex is smarter than Mike.
- She is the best student in our class.
- I think that is the worst movie I have ever seen.
- His idea was worse than mine.
- Of all the books in the library, this is the most interesting.
Exercise 4: Fill in the blanks
Fill in the blanks with the correct form of the adjective given in the brackets.
- She is _______________ (pretty) than her sister.
- Today is _______________ (hot) than yesterday.
- Of all the athletes, he ran the _______________ (fast).
- This book is _______________ (interesting) than the one I read last month.
- Her dress is the _______________ (beautiful) of all.
- She is prettier than her sister.
- Today is hotter than yesterday.
- Of all the athletes, he ran the fastest.
- This book is more interesting than the one I read last month.
- Her dress is the most beautiful of all.