1. Pull ahead – Despite the start line mishap, Jean was able to pull ahead and win the race.
2. Put up with – She had to put up with her boss's temper tantrums
3. Break down – My car broke down on the way to the airport.
4. Check out – You should check out that new movie, I think you'd like it.
5. Cut off – If we don't pay the electricity bill, they will cut off our power.
6. Drop out – Because it became too tough, he dropped out of college.
7. Fill up – Please fill up the water bottle before you go to the gym.
8. Give away – She wanted to give away her old clothes to charity.
9. Hang up – After arguing with her, he angrily hung up the phone.
10. Jump in – He didn't hesitate to jump in with his own ideas during the meeting.
11. Keep on – Even though he was tired, he kept on running.
12. Log in – To access your profile, you need to log in with your username and password.
13. Move on – After the break-up, it was really hard for her to move on.
14. Nod off – He was so bored at the meeting he started to nod off.
15. Open up – She doesn't easily open up to new people.
16. Pick up – Can you pick up some milk from the store on your way home?
17. Quiet down – The teacher had to tell the students to quiet down several times during the trip.
18. Run out – We ran out of coffee and need to buy some more.
19. Switch off – Don't forget to switch off the computer before leaving the office.
20. Turn up – He didn't turn up for the meeting yesterday.
21. Wake up – She wakes up early in the morning to go for a run.
22. Zoom in – Zoom in to see the details of this picture.
23. Back down – He refused to back down and stood his ground.
24. Come over – Let's come over to my place for dinner this weekend.
25. Draw up – They had a lawyer draw up a contract.
26. End up – If you don't study, you might end up failing the course.
27. Find out – I want to find out who is responsible for this mistake.
28. Get together – We should get together for lunch sometime.
29. Hang out – We like to hang out at the park on weekends.
30. Join in – He decided to join in on the fun and danced with everyone else.
31. Kick off – The event will kick off with a speech from the CEO.
32. Look up – If you don't know the meaning of a word, look it up in a dictionary.
33. Make up – They made up after having a big argument.
34. Note down – Please note down the details of the meeting.
35. Pass out – He passed out after running a marathon.
36. Queue up – We had to queue up for hours to get the tickets.
37. Rise up – The people decided to rise up against the oppressive regime.
38. Set off – We set off for our trip early in the morning.
39. Take off – She took off her coat as soon as she stepped inside.
40. Understand – He's a bit tough to understand sometimes, but he means well.
41. Work out – I couldn't work out the solution to the problem.
42. Yawn out – She yawned out of boredom during the lecture.
43. Back up – Can you please back up your claims with evidence?
44. Blaze up – The argument blazed up when he accused her of lying.
45. Close down – The store had to close down due to a decrease in sales.
46. Dig out – She managed to dig out some old photos from her closet.
47. Fade away – Over time, her memory of the incident faded away.
48. Gaze up – They gazed up at the stars in the night sky.
49. Hold on – Hold on a second, I'll be right there.
50. Knock out – The powerful punch knocked him out in the first round.