Exercise 1: Identify the Kind of Adjective
In the following sentences, identify the kind of adjective used. The options are: descriptive, numeral, demonstrative, interrogative and possessive.
- The ancient civilization had a complex system of trading.
- Each team member had a crucial role in the project’s success.
- This cake tastes incredibly delicious.
- Whose book is this on the table?
- The third act in the play is the most intense.
Exercise 2: Fill in The Blanks
Choose the correct adjective to complete each sentence.
- She felt ___ after the long trip. (tired, tiring)
- The ___ forest is home to many wild animals. (dense, thin)
- He wore a ___ shirt for the meeting. (clean, dirty)
- Would you like ___ sugar in your coffee? (much, many)
- I found a ___ wallet on the street. (empty, full)
Exercise 3: True or False
Decide whether each of these statements about adjectives is true or false.
- A demonstrative adjective specifies a specific noun in a sentence.
- An interrogative adjective always asks a question.
- A numeral adjective indicates quantity.
- A descriptive adjective is used to describe the kind of noun or pronoun.
- A possessive adjective shows ownership or relationship.
Exercise 4: Sentence Improvement
Improve the following sentences by choosing an appropriate adjective from the options given below.
- My brother has a ___ car. (ancient, modern)
- I laid on the ___ sand. (warm, cold)
- He gave me a ___ smile. (warm, cold)
- She walked through the ___ rain. (heavy, light)
- We love eating at that ___ restaurant. (posh, cheap)
Exercise 5: MCQs
Choose the correct answer from the options given below to complete the sentence appropriately.
- The dog is ___ than the cat.
- as big
- John is the ___ boy in the class.
- I think Physics is ___ than English.
- more difficult
- most difficult
- Descriptive Adjective
- Possessive Adjective
- Demonstrative Adjective
- Interrogative Adjective
- Numeral Adjective
- more difficult