Exercises on Abstract Nouns
Let's dive into some exercises to help solidify your knowledge on abstract nouns.
Exercise 1: Identify the Abstract Nouns
In the following sentences, identify the abstract nouns and write them down.
- She showed great bravery during the incident.
- I am full of hope for the future.
- Her kindness towards everyone is admirable.
- He values honesty in all aspects of life.
- She had the courage to stand up to the bully.
Exercise 2: Choose the Correct Abstract Noun
From the given options, select the correct abstract noun based on the sentence.
- She showed great ___ during the incident. (Bravery, Shoes, Book)
- The ___ of the story was fascinating. (Plot, Bed, Pen)
- Her ___ towards everyone is admirable. (Kindness, Jacket, Desk)
- I have ___ in his abilities. (Confidence, Laptop, Plate)
- His ___ for music is commendable. (Passion, Ball, Chair)
Exercise 3: Fill in the Blank With the Correct Abstract Noun
Fill in the blank spaces in the sentences with suitable abstract nouns.
- Our ___ helps us understand the difference between right and wrong.
- My ___ for painting is keeping me busy during quarantine.
- She showed a lot of ___ when she spoke in front of the crowd for the first time.
- His ___ in success led him to work hard day and night.
- Her ___ to service the community is commendable.
Exercise 4: Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs)
Select the correct option to complete the following sentences.
- She has immense ___ for art.
- a) Hat
- b) Passion
- c) Desk
- His ___ is extremely commendable.
- a) Honesty
- b) Shoe
- c) Bag
- Her ___ story touched my heart.
- a) Inspiring
- b) Computer
- c) Pen
1. b) Passion
2. a) Honesty
3. a) Inspiring
Exercise 5: Classify as Concrete Nouns or Abstract Nouns
From the given list classify the words into concrete or abstract nouns.
Bravery, Chair, Joy, Table, Flower, Kindness, Courage, Desk, Tree, Love
Concrete Nouns: Chair, Table, Flower, Desk, Tree
Abstract Nouns: Bravery, Joy, Kindness, Courage, Love
Regular practice is vital in mastering the topic of abstract nouns. Remember, abstract nouns represent ideas or concepts that aren't physically present, but are just as important to everyday communication.