Two-word compound prepositions (according to, aside from, because of, next to, etc).
- According to his mother, he often talked in his sleep.
- Her face was perfect aside from that one hairy mole.
- The bucks fought hard and it’s all because of a doe.
- The detective didn’t know he was sitting next to a wanted man.
Three-word compound prepositions (as far as, in addition to, in front of, in spite of, on account of, etc)
- The explosion could be heard as far as the police station, which is five kilometers away.
- In addition to an apple tree in his backyard, he has a pear tree in front of his house.
- They continued with their search and rescue mission in spite of the bad weather.
- He can’t sing any more on account of his failing health.