There are three types of nonfinite clauses.
In this clause, the verb comes after the word to.
- He gave up his job to travel the world.
In this clause, we use the verb + – ing.
- He is a thoroughly spoilt child being the only one in the family.
- You are the only one capable of solving the problem.
- Before becoming a bank robber, he was a police officer.
c)Past participle clause
In this clause, we use the past participle form of the verb.
- Taught acrobatics since young, she has amazed audiences with her superb skills.
- He would like to be a bank robber when asked what he would like to be when he grew up.