Place the adverb in bracket in the correct position in the sentence. Click to check your answers.
Example. We walked to get there on time. (quickly)
We walked quickly to get there on time.
1. I met her. (in London; a few months ago)
1. I met her in London a few months ago.
2. I saw them walking. (last week; along the river)
2. I saw them walking along the river last week.
3. He told us. (quickly; to go away)
3. He told us to go away quickly.
4. The bag is light. (for you to carry; enough)
4. The bag is light enough for you to carry.
5. It was dark. (for us to see; too)
5. It was too dark for us to see.
6. She sat. (for ten minutes; quietly; in the office)
6. She sat quietly in the office for ten minutes.
7. We played badminton. (last night; at his house)
7. Last night we played badminton at his house.
8. Danny spoke. (yesterday; at the debate; very well)
8. Yesterday Danny spoke very well at the debate.
9. We were talking; (when the branch fell down; quietly; by the tree)
9. We were talking quietly by the tree when the branch fell down.
10. The fire started. (in the kitchen of that house; at about ten o'clock at night)
10. The fire started in the kitchen of that house at about ten o'clock at night.
11. The men who came this morning worked; (all day long; at the back of the house; hard)
11. The men who came this morning worked hard all day long at the back of the house.
12. I planted them. (in the front garden; carefully; yesterday evening)
12. I planted them carefully in the front garden yesterday evening.
13. Ask him to come. (when he can; to see us)
13. Ask him to come to see us when he can.
14. They argued. (angrily; for some time; outside the house)
14. They argued angrily outside the house for some time.
15. They decided to go. (to town; by car; the next day)
15. They decided to go by car to town the next day.
16. It is very cold. (during the winter; in Sweden)
16. It is very cold during the winter in Sweden/In Sweden it is very cold during the winter.
17. They sawed down the trees (last week; near our school)
17. They sawed down the trees near our school last week.
18. We fished. (until it was dark; from the bank; patiently)
18. We fished patiently from the bank until it was dark.
19. The mosquitoes buzzed. (all night; around us)
19. The mosquitoes buzzed around us all night.
20. He swam. (when he saw the sea-snake; quickly; towards the beach)
20. He swam quickly towards the beach when he saw the sea-snake./When he saw the sea-snake, he swam quickly towards the beach.
A few months ago, I met her in London. (Correct)
I met her in London a few months ago. (Correct)